Many people often use the two terms cyber security and information security in the computer system. Looking at it here, it seems that they all have the same function of securing information to avoid leakage.
But is the true actual? I bet you are looking for more information on this, especially for businesses looking for customer or personal privacy. Refer to the article for more details.
Cybersecurity is the activities that help protect networks, computer systems, electronic systems, data, and mobile devices from digital attacks from businesses or other organizations.
Due to the complexity of fighting the attack, the entire network system is into many different groups. They focus on protecting many aspects, such as:
- Disaster recovery.
The primary purpose of attacks is to steal, destroy, or transform sensitive data communication lines. The bad guys will use it to demand ransom or disrupt businesses. The main types of attacks are common.
- Malware Attacks.
- Phishing Attacks
- Man in the Middle attacks
- DoS & DDoS (Denial of Service Attack)
- SQL Injection (Database Attack)
- Zero-Day Attacks (Exploiting Zero-Day Vulnerability)
In recent years, due to the political complexity and danger of illegal intrusions from cyber security, the government is paying more and more attention to safety. Businesses are also trying to consider the leakage issue.
The average industry salary for freshers is also quite impressive. You will get about $5,351 per month to start work. Employees with 2-3 years of experience can double their income.
Information security is the process of protecting data in many forms. It performs the task of preventing unauthorized sources from accessing or copying data from other media. There are three goals in the process.
- Consideration: Prevent unauthorized access to critical data information. To protect personal information, essential records are of high value.
- Integrity: Prevent modification or alteration of databases. It is to ensure authenticity.
- Availability: Ensure agility to access and use data quickly and rapidly.
Besides, to perform well the protection process and improve the efficiency. Government enterprises will offer several options:
- Access control policy
- Data support and operational plan.
The average industry salary for this field is also quite impressive. Therefore, the income of information security analysts usually ranges from $111,105 to $175,564 per year. If you can prove your ability through projects, you can increase your income to unlimited levels.
There are quite a few notions that both definitions are the same. Making the apparent distinction is quite tricky since the two are pretty similar.
|Cyber Security||Information Security|
|Protect data from digital attacks throughout cyberspace||Protect information data from unauthorized access, making the access process more secure|
|Intrusion risk comes from many factors, including Viruses, malware, and small-scale cyberattacks||Secure the accuracy of the information and prevent illegal correction|
|Use encryption to harden data||Adhere to established policies|
|As a defensive strategy that focuses on preventive measures||Focus mainly on vulnerability recovery aspects|
- Network: A series of process operations aimed at combating illegal access from unknown devices.
- App: It is the process of detecting, repairing, and enhancing consideration to strengthen the walls of the database.
- Cloud: It is the synthesis of many policies and control plans to increase the ability to protect systems based on the cloud.
- Critical infrastructure: This essential tool provides service capabilities, including virus scanning systems, anti-malware software, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Procedural controls
It is an integrated system of reviewing, preventing, detecting, and reinforcing to protect critical information and data sources.
Procedural control includes many different stages, where they are aware of many aspects such as security, incident response, and compliance training.
- Access control
The feature allows people to access and use the data – centralized control over virtual data reference retrieval. Thereby, they limit information leakage.
This task is complicated, and you will need a long enough time to accumulate processing experience.
Most training programs focus on it as the most critical module.
- Technical control
Technical control has resistance to cyber-attacks. In engineering control, the most prominent examples are firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection systems, and authentication.
- Compliance control
Compliance control meets conditions or associated consideration standards, intending to reduce threat risk. They ask users to take surveys to evaluate and secure information.
|Cyber Security||Information Security|
|Pros||– Protect privacy|
– Protect data from theft
– Limit the appearance of the hanging feature
– Minimize and protect against malware, viruses
– Protect the entire computer system and electronic equipment
|– Pretty easy to use|
– Extremely high-efficiency
– Allow users to work in a comfortable environment efficiently
– Protect user information in all forms, whether in use or storage
|Cons||– Difficult to configure firewall|
– Reduce the ability to work for the whole system
– Need to update to ensure effectiveness constantly
|– Slow login performance|
– Need to update if they want to achieve the highest efficiency.
– Users must regularly update if they want to achieve the highest efficiency.
– It’s easy to infiltrate the entire area if you leave an area spot empty.
Considering and learning about cyber and information security is essential, especially when you want to follow one of these two career paths.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment, and we will reply to you as soon as possible. Last but not least, don’t forget to share this article with your friends. Thank you for reading!